The Department of Economics at Umeå School of Business, Economics and Statistics is inviting applications for a PhD student in Economics with an orientation towards Environmental and Energy Economics.
About the research:
- The research project aims to develop methodology and applications in assessing firm performance, especially in terms of environmental and energy efficiency performances and to develop a practical method for performing firm level “full cost accounting”.
- The general requirement for admission is a degree on advanced level, or the applicant having a total of 240 ECT credits of which 60 credits are at the advanced level.
- The specific requirement for admission is that the applicant has at least 90 ECT credits in Economics.
- The main qualifications are scientific skills, a strong interest in research, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team to accomplish the required tasks.
- Applicants must be proficient in both oral and written English.
- Applicants with a degree from a non-Swedish university are encouraged to provide their results from the GMAT (and/or GRE) and TOEFL tests if available
- Documented skills in using quantitative methods such as Mathematics and Econometrics would be a merit.
Apply online and the application shall contain the following documents:
- A cover letter summarizing qualifications, scientific interests and motives for applying (max 2 pages).
- A research proposal (max 2 pages) presenting research ideas and, in particular, how they are contributing to the current literature in Environmental and Energy Economics.
- Degree certificates. Bachelor and/or Master theses or similar documentation of research skills.
- Name and contact information of two references.
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 August 2020|