PhD position: SEAAM: Spontaneous Emergence of Adaptive and Active Materials (Chemistry, Material Science, Nanoscience, Functional Materials), Universität Freiburg
The Excellence Cluster livMatS welcomes applications for a PhD position: SEAAM: Spontaneous Emergence of Adaptive and Active Materials
Application deadline: 17.01.2021
Part-time position (65 %)
Reference / Id no.: 00001342
The Cluster of Excellence livMatS develops completely novel, bioinspired materials systems that adapt autonomously to various environments and harvest clean energy from their surroundings. The intention of these purely technical – yet in a behavioral sense quasi-living – materials systems is to meet the demands of humans with regard to pioneering environmental and energy technologies.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Competences ranging from organic and analytical chemistry to supramolecular and systems chemistry are highly desirable.
- Master with outstanding grades in one of the following fields (chemistry, material science, nanoscience, functional materials)
- Previous experience in one of the following areas (organic synthesis, peptide and nucleic acid synthesis, dynamic covalent chemistry and electron microscopy) is appreciated.
- Strong competences in scientific presentations and writing (in English language)
- Team skills are expected from the successful PhD candidate as he/she will be part of a creative, productive and dynamic research team.
- Motivation letter detailing why you are interested in this specific project and how your previous research qualifies you for the project (up to 1,500 words)
- Curriculum Vitae with list of publications (if applicable)
- Certified copies of your university degree(s) with grades (BA and MA certificate / Diploma certificate and transcript)
- Short summary of your master’s thesis (up to 1,000 words)
- Work sample (chapter from recent thesis or journal article, up to 5,000 words)
- Two referees with contact details and reference letters
Fellowship and Duration: This position is limited for 36 months. The fellowship will be determined in accordance with TV-L E13 (University Regulations).
Please send your application in English including supporting documents mentioned above citing the reference number 00001342, by 17.01.2021. Please send your application to the following address in written or electronic form:
Freiburger Zentrum für interaktive Werkstoffe
und bioinspirierte Technologien (FIT)
Dr. Monika Schulz
E-Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (please send one PDF file only)
|Organization||University of Freiburg|
|Subject areas||chemistry, material science, nanoscience, functional materials)|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|