The Department of Animal and Aquaculture Sciences, Faculty of Biosciences at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) has a vacant three year PhD position related to management of cow and calf in a cow-calf contact system.
About the position:
- The position is jointly funded by the FFL/JA project SUCCEED and the Faculty of Biosciences.
- The SUCCEED project is led by the Norwegian Veterinary Institute and involves national as well as international partners within the academic and private sector.
- The position is intended to start in August 2020.
- Applicant must hold master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field, such as Animal Science, Animal Husbandry or Veterinary Science
- Interest in and motivation for the topic as well as for scientific work
- Experience of scientific work and publication, practical work with cattle
- Good communication and collaborative skills and good analytical skills
- Independence, resourcefulness and critical thinking
- Ability to communicate in a Scandinavian language
- Driver’s license
- Applicant must have good English skills (written and spoken)
Apply online and applications should include (electronically) the following:
- A letter of intent
- Full publication list
- Copies of degree certificates and transcripts of academic records (all certified)
- List of two persons who may act as references (with phone numbers and e-mail addresses).
|Organization||Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)|
|Subject areas||Animal Science, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science|
|Deadline||1st August 2020|