UQ ranks in the top 50 as measured by the Performance Ranking of Scientific Papers for World Universities. The University also ranks 46 in the QS World University Rankings, 42 in the US News Best Global Universities Rankings, 66 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and 54 in the Academic Ranking of World Universities
- The Julius Kruttschnitt Minerals Research Centre (JKMRC) is a world-renowned research and postgraduate education organisation, located at Indooroopilly in Brisbane, approximately 7 km from the main University of Queensland campus in St Lucia.
- JKMRC was established in 1970, and now forms part of the UQ Sustainable Minerals Institute (SMI).
- The W.H. Bryan Mining & Geology Research Centre (BRC) has a reputation for practical innovation and leadership in deep mine development and operation.
- With a diverse range of mining and ‘geo’ expertise,
- BRC is focused on delivering industrial research solutions for active and future mines.
- The BRC is actively working on the development of new and improved methods for ore extraction and, most importantly for future mining effectiveness, in enhancing total deposit knowledge and predictive understanding of ore bodies.
- PhD and MSc students are sought to take part in a newly formed research program at the Sustainable Minerals Institute, University of Queensland.
- The Collaborative Consortium for Coarse Particle Processing Research (CPR) is sponsored by a large group of international mining companies, all interested in developing practical and applied solutions to coarse particle processing.
- The processing of coarse particles is considered one of the key research areas for developing improved energy efficiency of mineral processing operations.
- This research program not only addresses pressing industry needs, but also contributes towards larger challenges such as the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and mitigation of man-made climate change.
- The program will tackle multidisciplinary aspects of coarse particle processing such as flotation, combination, classification, and equipment design and process chemistry.
- The representatives of the sponsor companies see higher degree graduates from this program as an important source of skilled future employees.
How to apply
To apply for admission and scholarship, follow this link. There is no separate application for scholarship because you will have the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
|Organization||University of Queensland|
|Type of position||Doctoral|
|Subject areas||Research Environment, mineral science or engineering|
|Deadline||Septmber 09, 2020|