PhD Scholarship: Materials for Advanced Devices used for Drug Delivery and Sampling at the DTU Health Tech, Technical University of Denmark.
The aim of the PhD project is to explore biocompatible, biodegradable and non-toxic materials and compounds/composites that are suited for orally administered devices used for drug delivery and gut sampling.
Research field: Materials and Compounds/Composites where the mechanical and physico-chemical properties are carefully tailored by introduction of relevant excipients/additives and fillers.
The PhD student will be working extensively on material formulation and characterization. Furthermore, the student will be actively engaged in the following:
- replicating hierarchical topographies in the materials,
- coating the materials using relevant technologies such as ultrasonic spray coating and slot die coating and
- merging the materials into multi-material macroscale devices with more advanced functionalities.Required Qualifications
- Solid theoretical background in materials science- preferably with an emphasis on materials used for producing oral dosage forms in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Independent, self-motivated and enjoy collaboration in a multidisciplinary academic environment.
6. Two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree.
- Keen interest in medical devices and prior knowledge on how oral dosage forms are conventionally made.
Candidates with extensive hands-on experience and a track record of publications and/or prior employment in relevant companies in the private sector.
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 5 December 2021 (Danish time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
|Organization||DTU (Technical University of Denmark)|
|Subject areas||Nanotechnology (Materials Science)|
|Salary||As per Norms|
|Deadline||5 December 2021|