The Department of Medical Chemistry and Biophysics at Umeå University is offering a PhD position to study gene expression and DNA replication of staphylococcal MGEs using a multidisciplinary approach: in vivo experiments using genetics and molecular biology approaches, complemented with biochemistry and structural biology, such as electron cryomicroscopy (cryoEM) and X-ray crystallography.
- Applicants must hold a University degree of at least 240 ECTS or equivalent or 2) have 120 Swedish (old) credits (Swe. poäng; corresponding to 180 ECTS credits) of higher education studies in the same fields or equivalent taken before July 1, 2007.
- Applicants must have a master’s degree in Microbiology, Biochemistry, or related discipline.
- Applicants with experience in expression and purification of recombinant proteins. Applicants with background in X-ray crystallography or cryoEM are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates are expected to be passionate and self-motivated candidates to be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Applicant must possess good oral and written communication skills in English.
Apply online through the Umeå University system Varbi with reference number AN 2.2.1-975-20 and attach the following:
- a cover letter (1 page)
- CV (3 pages max)
- a complete publication list
- the contact information of 3 references
- copies of the latest degree certificate(s)
|Subject areas||Microbiology, Biochemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||September 15th, 2020|