The Department of Philosophy and Moral Sciences at Ghent University is recruiting a PhD student to work on the ERC-funded DIME project “Disruptive innovation in healthcare requires disruptive innovation in medical ethics”. The project studies how several recent medical innovations do not conform with the way medicine traditionally operates. These innovations, oftentimes based on AI and big data, rather blur the boundaries of medicine and/or side-line the traditional doctor-patient relationship. The project assumes that several of these innovations may change the concept of medicine and thus turn out to be disruptive innovations.
- Applicant must have a passion for research and for medical ethics and interest in and motivated by the research topic, as well as in obtaining a PhD degree.
- Applicant must possess strong analytical skills.
- Applicant must have a relevant degree – Master level in Philosophy, in Moral Sciences or equivalent.
- Applicant must have an impressive track record (study results, publications and/or awards) and able to take on responsibilities, take initiative and work independently on your research but also as part of a team.
- Applicant must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
How to apply:
Submit the following documents by email to Heidi.Mertes@UGent.be with cc to Seppe.Segers@ugent.be and quote ‘DIME PhD 2’ in the email subject line:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae (please mention your grades for bioethics, medical ethics or related courses)
- A writing sample (publication, research essay, master thesis, …)
- Copy of diploma’s
|Subject areas||Philosophy, Moral Sciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Nov 07, 2021|