The Department of Mathematics and Computer science at the University of Basel is looking for a PhD student to work in the area of optimization and machine learning in the new research group led by Prof. A. Lucchi. Starting date around January 2022.
- Development of algorithms and convergence guarantees for large-scale optimization
- Theory of deep learning models
- Stochastic differential equations for optimization
- Conduct research in the field of applied mathematics and computer science
- Write research papers, articles, and present results at leading international conferences.
- Interact with national and international teams of mathematicians and computer scientists Position available starting in January 2022 (position may begin later in the spring or summer based on agreement).
- Applicants should hold a Master’s degree in mathematics or computer science with an emphasis on theory. Additional requirements includes outstanding academic record, very strong mathematics background, experience with research is not required but is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English (spoken and written) are required.
Application to be sent to email@example.com and application should be a single pdf file containing the following files:
- Curriculum vitae (including list of publications if applicable)
- Scanned transcripts of bachelor and master’s degree
- Contact info (no direct recommendation letters) for peers that can recommend you
- Latest thesis (and/or one of your publications if applicable)
|Organization||University of Basel|
|Subject areas||Mathematics, Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||September 4th, 2021|