The Faculty of Natural sciences at Stockholm University is inviting applications for a PhD student in Materials Chemistry in the Department of Materials and Environmental Chemistry.
About the Project:
- Project title: Biocatalytic membranes assembled from spherical lignin particles.
- Project leader (PI): Assist. Prof. Mika Sipponen (main supervisor); Prof. Jiayin Yuan (co-supervisor)
- This interdisciplinary project deals with development of biocatalytic membranes based on lignin nanoparticles.
- The membranes will be functionalized for biocatalytic separation and reactive extraction processes. Relevant characterization methods include High-Resolution Transmission Electron Microscopy (HRTEM), Small Angle X-ray Scattering (SAXS), Quartz Crystal Microbalance with Dissipation monitoring (QCM-D), and Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM).
- Applicant must have completed a second-cycle degree, completed courses equivalent to at least 240 higher education credits, of which 60 credits must be in the second cycle, or have otherwise acquired equivalent knowledge in Sweden or elsewhere.
- The general syllabus for doctoral studies in the field of Chemistry is valid.
- Those studies should include at least one specialized course or a thesis in the research subject.
Apply online and include the following:
- Cover letter
- CV – degrees and other completed courses, work experience and a list of degree projects/theses
- Project proposal/Research proposal describing: why you are interested in the field/project described in the advertisement; what makes you suitable for the project in question
- Degree certificates and grades confirming that you meet the general and specific entry requirements (no more than 6 files)
- Letters of recommendation (no more than 6 files)
- Degree projects/theses (no more than 6 files).
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||23 April 2021|