The Department of Organismal Biology (IOB) at Uppsala University is offering a PhD position in Fungal Evolutionary Genomics.
About the position:
- The PhD-position is placed in the Johannesson research group within the Systematic Biology Program at IOB.
- The Johannesson group uses a combination of genomic and experimental approaches to study eukaryote genome evolution.
- This PhD project aims to elucidate the determinants of mutation rates in eukaryotes. Mutation is the ultimate source of genetic variation among and within species.
- The PhD-project will be planned and developed after the interest of the candidate, and may include experimental and/or bioinformatic approaches.
- Applicant must have completed university education of 240 university points (högskolepoäng, hp) out of which 60 hp on advanced level corresponding to master degree in relevant field.
- Applicant must be highly motivated with thorough education and strong interest in evolutionary genetics/genomics and population genetics.
- Good knowledge of English in speech and writing.
Apply online and the application should include:
- A letter of intent describing him/herself research interests and motivation of why he/she want to do a PhD
- A short description of your education
- Copy of master degree and course grades
- The names and contact information (address, email address, and phone number) of at least two reference persons
- Relevant publications (including master thesis).
|Subject areas||Life Sciences, Biology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||31 July 2020|