The department of Biology and Biological Engineering at Chalmers University of Technology is offering PhD position with excellent skills in understanding and working with human epithelial cell cultures. The work will span over several projects, giving access to a large network of international researchers and industry. For the unafraid, curious, energetic and motivated person this is a golden opportunity.
- Conduct human cell studies in various epithelial cell lines
- Conduct various analyses of intracellular events using molecular biological methods
- General lab work including optimization of methods
- Write scientific publications and present your work at conferences or other meetings in Sweden and abroad
- Full-time temporary employment. The position is limited to a maximum of five years.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree level background in Biotechnology/Biology/pre-clinical medicine, or similar, is needed.
- Fluent speaking and writing in English and strong communications skills are mandatory requirements
- Skills in using software for calculating statistics such as Microsoft Excel is required.
- This position requires a person that thrives in a dynamic and changing environment, who sees the possibilities and synergies in working with parallel tasks.
- Apply online and the application should be marked with Ref 20200341 and written in English. The application should be sent electronically and be attached as pdf-files, as below:
- CV: (Please name the document: CV, Family name, Ref. number)
- Personal letter (1-3 pages) including: Introduction and describe previous experience of relevance for the position (e.g. education, thesis work and, if applicable, any other research activities) and describe your future goals and future research focus.
- Copies of bachelor and/or master’s thesis.
- Attested copies and transcripts of completed education, grades and other certificates, e.g. TOEFL test results.
|Organization||Chalmers University of Technology|
|Subject areas||Biotechnology, Biology|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||1 September 2020|