Tampere University is pleased to offer a PhD position in the European project MORE – Educating Europe’s Future Engineers in Next Generation Heavy Duty Machinery: AI driven Robotisation, Energy Efficiency and Process Optimisation.
About the position:
- ESR 7: Mapping, localization, dynamic object and obstacle detection & avoidance in rough 3D terrain for safe & energy efficient operations.
- The position will be filled on full-time basis for a period of three years (36 months) and the commencemend date will be November 2020 or as mutually agreed.
- Applicant shall at the date of recruitment, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. The researcher must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of his/her first employer (see each of the positions) for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment.
- Proficiency in written/spoken English is mandatory. In certain cases, we may ask for a language certificate.
How to apply:
Submit application via online recruitment system and application with all the accompanying documentation in English and attach them in PDF format.
- Certified copies of the bachelor’s and master’s degree certificates with the Diploma Supplement (DS) as approved by the EU Commission for degrees completed in European universities (when applicable) Official translations into English (if the original documents are in a language other than English)
- Curriculum Vitae/CV (preferably in Europass format): including the contact details of 2 or more referees
- List of publications (if any): candidate’s contributions in the publication
- Motivation letter: maximum 1 page; introduction and present qualifications; may also include previous research fields and main research results.
- Copy of the ID page of passport
- Proof of residence: Statement and certificates/documents demonstrating residence(s) in the last 4 years.
Computer Science and Engineering, Robotics, Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence
|Fellowship amount||As per MSCA rules|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||6 September 2020|