Within the Collaborative Research Center (CRC) 1333 – Molecular Heterogeneous Catalysis in Confined Geometries at the Institute of Polymer Chemistry (Prof. Dr. Michael R. Buchmeiser), University of Stuttgart has a Doctoral Researcher position starting November 1, 2020 to work on the subproject of SFB 1333 “Immobilized molybdenum imido, tungsten imido- and tungsten oxo alkylidene N-heterocyclic carbene complexes for olefin metathesis”.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Selection and synthesis of catalysts, tethering and immobilization on tailored mesoporous supports
- Selection of supports
- Olefin and alkyne metathesis reactions
- Study of confinement effects
- Applicant must hold University Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or Materials Science.
- Knowledge on synthetic organometallic chemistry is highly desirable
- Very good written and oral communication skills (English)
- Identification with the multidisciplinary nature of the collaborative research center (catalysis, materials science, analytical chemistry, theory and simulation science) and the enthusiasm to learn beyond your individual research topic
- Willingness to actively participate in CRC events and qualification measures
Send application together with all important documents to the Institute of Polymer Chemistry, University of Stuttgart, Prof. Dr. Michael R. Buchmeiser, Pfaffenwaldring 55, 70569 Stuttgart or to email@example.com.
|Organization||University of Stuttgart|
|Subject areas||Chemistry, Materials Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||October 15, 2020|