The University of Stavanger invites applicants for a PhD Fellowship in Environmental Engineering at the Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Chemistry, Bioscience and Environmental Engineering. The position is vacant for accession as soon as possible.
About the project:
- The goal of this project is to produce renewable hydrocarbon fuel from sunlight, algae, water, and supply of already collected CO2 from the natural gas processing units.
- The resources mentioned above can be effectively utilized to convert CO2 and sunlight into algae biomass. This project will apply innovative hydrothermal liquefaction (HTL) technology to liquefy algae into bio-crude.
- Applicant must have strong academic background who have completed a five-year master degree (3+2) within Environmental Science/Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Bioengineering, preferably acquired recently; or possess corresponding qualifications that could provide a basis for successfully completing a doctorate.
- Applicants must have documented knowledge and skills in environmental/bioengineering and environmental biotechnology
- Applicants must have experimental and analytical laboratory skills
- Applicants must good proficiency in English is required for anyone attending the PhD program. International applicants must document this by taking one of the following tests with the following results: TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language, Internet-Based Test (IBT). Minimum result: 90. IELTS – International English Language Testing Service. Minimum result: 6.5. Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) og Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge. PTE Academic – Pearson Test of English Academic. Minimum result: 62
Apply online and the following documents must be uploaded as attachments to application:
- Project proposal
- CV with a full summary of your education and experience
- References, certificates/diplomas and other documentation
- Diploma Supplement or similar and a confirmed conversion scale (if this is required)
- Documentation on competence in English if this is required
- Publications or other relevant research work
|Organization||University of Stavanger (UiS)|
Environmental Science/Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15th September 2021|