The College of Science, Engineering and Food Science at University College Cork is inviting applications for a PhD Fellowship in Application of robotics in Operations and Maintenance (O&M).
About the project:
- This PhD Fellowship is part of the STEP4WIND project which is funded under the prestigious Marie Skłodowska-Curie H2020 ITN Research Program. This project is focused on addressing the main challenges facing the large-scale deployment of floating wind turbine arrays.
- The work of this PhD Candidate is focused specifically on the use of robotics to support operations and maintenance activities and to reduce the need for marine activities involving personnel. Such technologies will play an important role in improving health and safety (H&S) and the economics of floating wind energy in harsh far from shore environments.
- The PhD candidate will conduct a specified programme of research aligned with the work of the STEP4WIND project and the expertise of supervisors in MaREI and ORE Catapult.
- Applicant must hold minimum 2H1 (second class honours, grade 1) honours degree (or equivalent) in a related scientific or engineering discipline.
- Preferably a MSc. (or equivalent qualification) in related engineering or scientific discipline.
- Demonstrable capability of working within a project team and ability to innovate.
- Good communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the design and testing of robotic technologies would be preferable.
- Excellent academic English writing skills.
- Candidates must have resided or carried out their main activity outside of Ireland for more than 24 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment.
- Candidates must, at the time of recruitment, be in the first four years of their research careers and have not previously been awarded a doctoral degree.
Application must be sent to Ms Grainne Lynch (firstname.lastname@example.org) including
- Short cover letter describing motivation for applying for the position and how candidate’s experience and expertise match the research topic.
|Organization||University College Cork (UCC)|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||17 Aug 2020|