The PhD School “Quantum Computing and Quantum Technologies” (QCQT) of the Physics Department, University of Basel is inviting applications for several PhD excellence fellowships. The official language of the PhD School program is English.
About the program:
- 13 research groups from both theoretical and experimental quantum science and quantum technology at the University of Basel and EUCOR (the European campus).
- An excellent graduate program covering basic courses, advances seminars, summer/winter schools and workshops, performing research at the forefront of quantum science and quantum technology is offered.
- Program also provides soft skill courses, industry contacts, and an international, interdisciplinary and thriving environment in strong exchange with partner programs and centers such as the NCCR QSIT.
- Quantum Computing
- Quantum Measurements
- Spintronics and Quantum Magnonics
- Quantum Sensing
- Quantum Optics and Cold Atom
- Quantum Transport and Nanoelectronics
- Topological Properties of Condensed Matter Systems
- Quantum Communication
Fellowship value: Excellence Fellowships provide full funding
Duration: up to 4 years to complete a PhD thesis
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in quantum science (or related field).
How to apply:
- Apply via the online-portal with the following documents:
- Official transcripts (MSc, BSc, diplomas) with grades, from all relevant institutions of higher education (all in English or German).
- Statement of objectives/Motivational letter.
- A short statement of research interests and how they relate to the work of our department.
- List of publications (if available)
- 1-3 recommendation letters (uploaded directly to the portal)
- Master’s thesis (pdf)
- Applications are accepted at any time throughout the year
- The selection committee will assess candidates and award fellowships four times per year, after deadlines set for April 1st, July 1st, October 1st and January 1st.
|Organization||University of Basel|
|Subject areas||Physics, Quantum Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||April 1st, July 1st, October 1st and January 1st|