PhD Candidate at NTNU, in the Department of Information Security and Communication Technology (IIK), in the area of cryptography.
The candidate will work in the general areas of privacy-preserving computation, lattice-based cryptography and post-quantum cryptography. This will be under the supervision of Dr. Anamaria Costache, in the cryptography team at NTNU.
Requirments / Qualifications
- Have completed a master’s degree or second degree (equivalent to 120 credits) with a strong academic background in theoretical computer science, mathematics or equivalent education.
- Preference will be given to candidates holding degrees in the areas mentioned, and/ or to candidates that already have a background in cryptography.
- The ideal candidate will have some research experience already, in the form of a research masters thesis, or research essay.
You must have good written and oral English skills.
PhD candidates Fellowships: NOK 482 200 per annum before tax, depending on qualifications and seniority. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Duration: 3 years, or 4 years with 25% teaching duties
Appointment to a PhD position requires that you are admitted to the PhD program in cryptography within three months of employment.
The application and supporting documentation to be used as the basis for the assessment must be in English.
The application must include:
- CV, certificates and diplomas.
- Research plan or project proposal (around one page);
- Academic works that you would like to be considered in the assessment. Here you can attach documents such as research works or essays written during your degree(s), or any peer-reviewed paper published or in submission. Joint works will be considered. If it is difficult to identify your contribution to joint works, you must attach a brief description of your participation.
- Name and e-mail addresses of at least two referees.
- Anything else that you think will benefit your application.
Application deadline: 25.01.2021
Organization: The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
Fellowship Level: PhD
Subject areas: Science and Technology
Fellowship amount: NOK 482 200 per annum
Eligibility: Master’s degree / PhD