Ph.D. / Post-doc Researcher: University of Bern
Ph.D. / Post-doc Researcher (80-100%) Positions at the Institute of Communication and Media Studies, University of Bern.
Duration: The position will be available from October 1st, 2021 (or by appointment) for an initial period of three years.
- Research in existing SNF-sponsored project:
o Processing and analysis of large sets of web tracking data
o Designing mechanism for identifying sensitive information in large text-based datasets
o Developing automated text classification models for political/online communication research
o Conducting various forms of statistical analyses (e.g. regression/cluster models)
- Writing of outstanding publications
- Contribution to the general tasks of the Institute
Qualifications / Requirements
- Outstanding Ph.D. (for Postdoctoral position) / Master (for Ph.D. position) in communication science, a related social science discipline, and/or in informatics, data science, computational linguistics
- Strong skills in computational methods, especially data cleaning and processing, as well as automated content analysis and text classification (Python). Experience with parallel programming / multi-threading and deep learning (transformers / RNNs) is beneficial.
- Strong interest in political communication and/or online communication
- Very good skills in the methods of empirical social science
- Ability to work in a team
The job interviews will take place on the 10th / 13th of September.
Applications (letter of motivation including research interests/ideas, CV, publication list, certificates;
For PhDs: one central chapter of the MA-thesis or another publication;
For Post-docs: 1-2 central articles) should be mailed as a pdf file by September 2nd, 2021 to Prof. Dr. Silke Adam (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Organization||University of Bern|
|Fellowship Level||Ph.D., PostDoc|
|Subject areas||Communication Science, Social Science discipline|
|Eligibility||Open to International students|
|Deadline||September 2nd, 2021|