The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University brings together rising leaders from around the world who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries and regions. The Foundation Program seeks rising leaders from around the world.
- Candidates must have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country outside the United States, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities
- Candidates are expected to be emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “tipping point” in their careers
- Candidates must be fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken)
- Candidates must have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community
- Candidates must have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination and teamwork
Duration: the program is a full-time program, running for the duration of the academic year from August through May.
- A complete application online and include the following materials:
- CV should be a chronological listing of employment and educational history, academic endeavors and other significant activities. Applicants should include any awards, publications or other achievements they have received.
- Personal video statement: The personal video statement should be a short video (no longer than five minutes in length) introducing the applicant and their work to the selection committee. The video should also include a statement on why the Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University is an appropriate opportunity for the applicant at this stage in their career.
- Responses to short essay questions
- Proof of English proficiency
|Subject areas||Leadership, Social Work|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|