The Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab) is a collaboration between four universities in Stockholm and Uppsala: Stockholm University, the Karolinska Institute, the Royal Institute of Technology, and Uppsala University.
- The SciLifeLab is a national centre for large-scale biosciences with a focus on health and enviroment.
- The centre combines advanced technical know-how and state-of-the-art equipment with a broad knowledge in translational medicine and molecular biosciences.
- SciLifeLab Drug Discovery & Development Platform (DDDP) was established in 2014.
- The staff at SciLifeLab DDD forms a group of around 40 highly motivated scientists, mostly with experience from industrial drug discovery.
- The mission is to support Swedish academic researchers in developing drug candidates.
- The Department of Organic chemistry at Stockholm University now intends to employ a synthetic chemist/medicinal chemist with focus on synthetic chemistry/pharmaceutical chemistry at the Medicinal Chemistry
- Chemists are appointed primarily for purposes of research and must hold a Swedish doctoral degree or an equivalent degree from another country.
- Broad knowledge in practical synthetic organic chemistry.
- Prior experience from working in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry or in academic drug discovery research, preferably with experience from evaluation of data in early drug discovery projects (hit identification).
- Successful work within the area of medicinal chemistry, as documented by publications and/or patents.
- Interest for and experience of instruments relevant for organic chemistry.
- Importantly, you are a highly motivated researcher with the ability to work well in a multidisciplinary environment and have a distinct quality- and results-focus.
- A general eligibility requirement is that the applicant must possess the personal capabilities necessary to carry out fully the duties of the appointment such as ability to communicate, motivation, collaborative skills and ability to prioritise.
- It is important that the applicant can have a fast start at the facility.
How to apply
Apply for the position at Stockholm University’s recruitment system. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the job advertisement, and that it is submitted before the deadline.
- The instructions for applicants are available at: Instructions – Applicants.
|Type of position||Postdoctoral position|
|Subject areas||synthetic organic chemistry,pharmaceutical chemistry medicinal Chemistry|