The J. N. Tata Endowment loan scholarships are awarded to Indian nationals for full time Postgraduate/PhD/Postdoctoral studies, in all fields (irrespective of caste, creed, gender or community). The awards are a one-time loan scholarship only at the beginning of the course.
Scholarship value: between Rs.1,00,000/- and Rs.10,00,000/- (all selected applicants do not necessarily qualify for the maximum amount); selected scholars may also recommend for a gift scholarship and travel assistance of maximum amount of Rs.7,50,000/- and the travel grant can be a maximum of Rs.50,000/-.
- Applicants must be Indian nationals who have graduated from a recognized Indian University, with a consistently good academic record and other achievements to their credit.
- Final year students of the degree course and those awaiting results are eligible to apply.
- Candidates may apply even if they do not have the admission/offer letters, at the time of making the application, from the Universities to which they have applied for the academic year 2017-2018.
- Mid-career professionals up to the age of 45, with a good academic record and experience in their fields, specialisation or training may also apply.
- Scholars going abroad for seminars, conferences and undergraduate studies are not eligible for a J. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship.
- Candidates applied before will have to update their application status with the Endowment once they secure admission.
- Excellent consistent academic performance in both co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Good GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS score (for overseas scholarships)
- Statement of purpose; must be written by applicant and free from plagiarism.
How to apply:
- Apply online by registering yourself on the official website with a recommendation letter.
|Organization||The J.N Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indians|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||between Rs.1,00,000/- and Rs.10,00,000/-|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
8th March 2021