The International Max Planck Research School (IMPRS) “The Leipzig School of Human Origins invites applications for its international PhD program. The program provides interdisciplinary training and research opportunities for university graduates who wish to work towards a PhD.
- Human Behavioral Ecology
- Comparative Cultural Psychology, MPI EVA (Director: Prof. Daniel Haun)
- Human Behavior, Ecology and Culture, MPI EVA (Director: Prof. Richard McElreath)
- Max Planck Research Group “The Cultural Evolution of Reproduction”, MPI EVA (Dr. Heidi Colleran)
- Behavioral Ecology, LU (Director: Prof. Anja Widdig)
Duration: three to four years
- The PhD program is open for international students
- Applicants to hold a Master’s degree, a Diploma or equivalent in one of the relevant or related fields.
- Successful candidates must have been awarded their degree by the time they start their studies in Leipzig.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a requirement.
- German language skills are not mandatory but international students may participate in German language courses offered by the MPI EVA.
Step 1: Registration: go to the job advertisement “PhD Student Positions in Human Origins (International Max Planck Research School)”.
Step 2: Register to “The Leipzig School of Human Origins” online application system by entering the registration where candidate will be asked to enter name and some basic data. Once that have been submitted the registration form you will receive another email confirmation. The email includes his/her personal registration code which is required for carrying out several steps throughout the application process. Please allow up to 30 minutes to receive the confirmation email.
Step 3: Once registration code is received, continue the application process. Do not forget to upload the following documents: a) Curriculum Vitae (CV) and statement of purpose (i.e. research proposal, appr. 500 words), b) transcripts and degree documents, c) other documents that you consider important within the context of your application. After submitting the data, you will once again receive an email confirmation. Please allow up to 30 minutes to receive this email.
Step 4: Recommendation Letters: Send the following data to two referees of choice: a) Your registration code, b) the link to the recommendation form which opens a page where your referees can upload their recommendation letter.
|Organization||International Max Planck Research School “The Leipzig School of Human Origins|
|Subject areas||Anthropology, Human Behavioral Ecology, Psychology|
|Fellowship amount||As per IMPRS rules|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|