IMPRS for Molecular Life Sciences: the center of excellence for the training of Doctoral students in the areas of biochemistry, cell biology, molecular medicine, neurobiology and structural biology. The research school takes an interdisciplinary approach to integrate these different research areas to provide a multidisciplinary PhD program.
PhD projects in the following areas:
- Computational Biology
- Gene Regulation
- Protein Structure
- Systems Biology
- M.Sc degree: Entry level for doctoral studies at IMPRS-LS usually is a Master of Science degree or an equivalent degree. Applicants either must have a integrated degree (BSc and MSc) or a five-year integrated MSc. Applicants must have background in biology, biochemistry, biophysics, neuroscience or related disciplines.
- 4-years B.Sc hons (or equivalent): Applicants with Ist class B.Sc hons degree (typically including a 1-year research placement) and applicants with a Ist class degree from similar 4-year degree programs may apply.
- Fast track program: Applicants with a 3 year B.Sc degree are not eligible to apply unless they intend to join a research group that is affiliated with the school’s research branch “Circuit Neuroscience”.
- Medical degrees: applicants with a medical degree such as a MBBS degree (or an equivalent degree) and medical students from Germany are ineligible to apply to the PhD program.
Following documents are required for application:
- CV (max. 2-3 pages)
- 02 letters of recommendation
- Grade Transcript and degree certificate for all completed degrees.
- Temporary or provisional transcripts for degree programs, in which applicant is currently enrolled
- Document qualifying for university studies
- Evidence of English proficiency
- GRE general and GRE subject test report in biochemistry, biology, chemistry or physics. For applicants from India GATE score as alternative is accepted.
- Copy of passport
|Organization||IMPRS for Molecular Life Sciences|
Biology, Biochemistry, Cell biology, Molecular medicine
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||November 15, 2020|