IIT Bhubaneswar invites applications from Indian citizens including Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) who are exceptionally outstanding and motivated, with a proved record of independent, high quality research and dedication to teaching for faculty positions in its various Schools.
- Applicant must hold Ph.D. with Ist class or equivalent in the preceding degree in appropriate branch, with a consistently very good academic record and must demonstrate ability to pursue independent high quality research.
- A minimum of 10 years teaching or research or industrial or professional experience of which at least four years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITs, IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such Indian or foreign institutions of comparable standards.
- Applicant must have proved leadership in research in a specific area of specialization in terms of mentoring of Masters and Doctorate students, strong record of sponsored research, publications in reputed journals and referred conferences, patents, laboratory/course development and/or other recognized relevant professional activities.
- At least 6 years teaching or research or industrial or professional experience of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor OR Senior Scientific Officer/Senior Design Engineer in a research organization or industrial enterprise.
- Applicant must have evident capability and enough experience of independent research in terms of mentoring of Masters and Doctoral students, sponsored research, publications in reputed journals and referred conferences, patents, laboratory/course development and/or other recognized relevant professional activities.
- At least 3 years teaching or research or industrial or professional experience excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
- Applicant must be highly motivated towards teaching and research and should have demonstrated research capabilities in terms of publications in reputed journals and referred conferences.
- Eligible applicant with less than three years of relevant experience may be considered for the position of Assistant Professor (On Contract) with appropriate starting pay. Once selected in this position, the candidate will be considered for the post of Assistant Professor upon gaining the required experience.
Areas of Specialization:
- Electronics and Communication Engineering:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Geology and Geophysics
- Atmosphere and Ocean Sciences
- Humanities, Social Sciences and Management
Visiting Faculty Position
Depending on the immediate teaching requirement of the Schools/discipline, an applicant called for interview for regular position may be offered Visiting Faculty position for a period not exceeding 3-years with annual review.
How to apply:
Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics
|Eligibility||Open for Indian nationals, PIO, OCI|