The George and Matilda Harris Scholarship at the University of Sydney
The Scholarship program is a postgraduate research scholarship providing a stipend allowance for Master of Criminology (Research), Master of Laws (Research), or Ph.D. students in the University of Sydney Law School.
Fellowship: $36,529/per annum.
Academic tuition fees and the Student Services Amenities Fee are not covered by this scholarship for an international recipient.
Qualifications / Requirements
The suitable candidate will display the following qualifications, background, skills, and experiences:
- poses an unconditional offer of admission or be enrolled to study a Ph.D., MCrim (Research), or LLM (Research) at the University of Sydney Law School
- willing to perform research in the disciplines of law
carry at least one of the following degrees in law:
- honor’s degree or equivalent
- master’s by research
- master’s by coursework with a high distinction or distinction level including a research component equivalent to 25% of one year’s full-time enrolment.
Applications are to be submitted online (link given at the end of the post).
- Available for both domestic and international candidates.
- The scholarship will provide a stipend allowance equivalent to the University of Sydney’s Research Training Program (RTP) stipend of value $35,629 (indexed on 1 January each year) for:
- Up to 1.75 years for a successful full-time Master of Criminology (MCrim) (Research) or Master of Laws (LLM) (Research) recipient
- Up to three (03) years for a successful full-time Doctoral (Ph.D.) recipient.
- Recipients enrolled part-time will be provided with a stipend allowance equivalent to 50 percent of the full-time stipend rate, for up to 3.5 years for MCrim (Research) or LLM (Research), or up to six years for Ph.D.
Closing time: 1 November 2021
|Organization||University of Sydney|
|Subject areas||Criminology, Laws|
|Fellowship amount||$36,529/per annum|
|Eligibility||Open to domestic and international candidates|
|Deadline||1 November 2021|