FSE Fellowship program: Postdoctoral Fellowship in Chemical Engineering at the University of Groningen, Netherlands.
RESEARCHER PROFILE: First Stage Researcher (R1)
HOURS PER WEEK: 38.0
The FSE Fellowship program
Our unique FSE fellowship program offers temporary positions for talented junior researchers who want to further develop both their research and teaching skills.
A personal budget of a € 1,000 per year is dedicated for additional training and career activities.
The research area of the FSE fellow will be in the area of ‘Green Chemical Reaction Engineering’, and particularly in the development of highly intensified processes for catalytic biomass conversions. Teaching tasks will be performed in the bachelor and master program of Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Management and the master program mechanical engineering, with an emphasis on courses related to reactor and process design. You will participate in the courses process and equipment design, (multiphase) reactors, and involved in supervision of bachelor and master research projects within the field of chemical engineering.
The position is embedded in the ENgineering and TEchnology institute Groningen (ENTEG).
- PhD, obtained no longer than 3 years ago, preferably from another university than the University of Groningen
2. Promising research record
3. Affinity with teaching; individuals with actual teaching experience will be favoured
4. Excellent command of English.
A starting salary depending on the date you obtained your PhD and your postdoctoral years:
• 0 years: € 3,353 gross / for a full-time position
• 1 year: € 3,491 gross / for a full-time position
• 2 years: € 3,619 gross / for a full-time position
• 3 years: € 3,746 gross / for a full-time position
Duration: initially an appointment of one year that will be extended by three (03) years (fellowship will not be extended after the four years period).
The preferred starting date is 1 November 2020
Interested candidates are invited to submit a complete application including:
1. a letter of motivation
2. a curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
3. a short description (max 1 A4) of your teaching interests (extra attachment 1)
4. a short description (max 1 A4) of your scientific field of interest (extra attachment 2).
Deadline: 14 August 2020.
|Organization||University of Groningen|
|Fellowship||3,353 gross – € 3,746 gross per year for a full-time position|
|Eligibility||PhD’s Degree in relevant subject|
|Deadline||14 August 2020.|