Einstein Junior Fellow: Einstein Foundation Berlin
The program offers excellent young eligible researchers in Berlin or from abroad, to become professors, the opportunity to remain employed by their current university on a temporary basis. The program also aims to help the universities with their profiling.
These following institutions are eligible to apply:
- Freie Universität Berlin,
- Humboldt- Universität zu Berlin,
- Technische Universität Berlin,
- Universität der Künste Berlin and Charité –
- Universitätsmedizin Berlin.
Funding is available for young researchers who have obtained the requisite qualifications required to be appointed to a professorship not more than three years prior to application. For the fellowship duration, recipients will be awarded the title of “Einstein Junior Fellows.”
- Einstein Junior Fellows are supported by the Einstein Foundation for a maximum of three (03) years.
- Funding is available for a position equivalent to a W2 professorship as well as for limited additional support for academic and non-academic staff, as well as assistants and/or equipment.
- Total amount of the additional funding for staff and materials must not exceed € 100,000 over the entire funding period.
candidates are required to use the application forms provided by the Einstein Foundation. Applications may be submitted in any of the discipline by the dates posted on the Foundation’s website.
Selection: Apart from the overarching criterion of academic excellence, the project’s impact on developing the university’s scientific profile and structure and, where applicable, on enhancing the research landscape in Berlin, plays a part in the evaluation of all applications.
Use of the Funds
Approved funds may only be drawn through the university or Charité in accordance with the regulations on third-party funding.
|Organization||Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung/ Foundation|
|Fellowship Level||Junior Fellow, Postdoctoral, Scientist Faculty|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Varies according to the experience|
|Eligibility||Open for all Nationals|
|Deadline||8 November 2021.|