The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance at University of Luxembourg is inviting application for a Doctoral researcher in EU data protection.
About the position:
- In the context of the Doctoral Training Unit on DIgitaLisation Law And INnovation (DTU DILLAN) Professor Eleftheria Neframi is opening one funded PhD position.
- The doctoral candidate is expected to work on the external aspects of the EU data protection and the role of the EU as a global data actor in the international sphere.
- Topics may include (but are not limited to) data protection in EU international agreements and international dispute settlement mechanisms, the place of data protection in the Common Foreign and Security Policy, the EU’s contribution to the establishment of international norms on data trade.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree in Law.
- Have the linguistic skills to evolve in a multilingual environment: Fluency in English. Good knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary research.
- Excellent communication and team working skills are required.
Apply online and must include the following:
- Completed online application form;
- A curriculum vitae;
- Copies of university degrees (to the extent possible, please include university transcripts and official details of class rank);
- A research proposal linked to the topic(s) advertised (2000 words-long, containing an explanation of the topic, its scientific background and why the applicant considers it to be important; a research question and the specific aim of the research proposal; methodology; timeline for completion, and a short bibliography);
- Two letters of recommendation by professors familiar with the applicant’s academic legal training commenting on the applicant’s ability to conduct academic research;
- Proof of language proficiency in English and / or French if those languages are not the mother tongue of the applicant.
|Organization||University of Luxembourg|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||10 October 2020|