About the position:
- Bacterial bio films present a serious challenge to human health and wealth.
- This PhD project will address this challenge by combining multidisciplinary research capabilities including synthesis of teixobactins, modifications of surfaces and their antibacterial evaluations.
- This project will involve collaboration between the Departments of Pharmacology and Chemistry.
- The recently discovered natural compound, teixobactins, kills a broad range of multi drug resistant bacteria (MDR) such as methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aurous (MRSA), Mycobacterium tuberculosis without detectable resistance.
- UK or EU students with the equivalent of at least a 2.1 Honours degree in Chemistry or Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Science.
- TO apply for this position pl visit link:
|Organization||University of liverpool|
|Type of position||Doctoral|
|Subject areas||Pharmacology and Chemistry|
|Deadline||September 15, 2020|