The Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics (MPIMG) is offering an open position in a multicenter project funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG – Heisenberg grant): Doctoral Student in Molecular Biology (m/f/d).
About the project:
- This project is funded by the Heisenberg grant “MEASURE: Multi-omics Evaluation of Animals for body Stature– the genetic architecture for body size” coordinated by Prof. Dr. Julia Metzger.
- It is focused on the analysis of regulatory genetic effects primarily involved in size determination. Latest OMICs technologies are going to be used in order to identify genomic and functional variation within growth plates of small and large individuals and thus to decipher the molecular genetic mechanisms of growth biology in mammals (see also DFG).
- The position is offered initially for three years.
- Applicant must be highly motivated as well as skilled individuals in the area molecular biology.
- Candidate should have a Master’s degree or a similar qualification in biological/biochemical sciences or veterinary medicine.
- Candidate will have experience in wet lab, particularly in DNA/RNA analysis and cell culture-based research.
Applications including the documents should be sent as one pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics (MPIMG)
|Subject areas||Biological/Biochemical Sciences, Veterinary Medicine|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||August 15th, 2020|