Doctoral grant in Theoretical Physics is available. The Institute for Theoretical Physics of Goethe-University Frankfurt invites applications for the following vacancy of a doctoral student position (all gender welcome)
- The Doctoral position will involve research under Prof. Falko Pientka on modern problems in condensed matter theory with particular focus on many-body quantum systems in low dimensions.
- Possible research topics include various types of collective modes of many-body systems, quantum transport, topological systems and superconductor heterostructures.
- The research will be carried out using various analytical and numerical techniques.
- The contract will start on September 15th, 2020 or later, with an initial duration of three years.
- Salaries are according to the collective agreements on salary scales which apply at Goethe-University.
- The candidates should have a Master’s degree in physics and very good knowledge of quantum mechanics and statistical physics.
- The applicants will be offered the opportunity to do self-directed research and teaching.
How to Apply
Please send your application, curriculum vitae and a description of research interests until August 15, 2020 via e-mail in a single pdf file to Prof. Dr. Falko Pientka (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Organization||Goethe-University Frankfurt Germany|
|Subject areas||Theoretical Physics, Physics|
|Eligibility||Master in physics|
|Deadline||15 August 2020|