The Dean’s Excellence in Science PhD Scholarships: UWA
The Faculty of Science of (UWA) University of Western Australia, is offering a prestigious postgraduate research scholarships to academically outstanding international and domestic students wishing to undertake a research doctorate degree (PhD) in the Faculty of Science.
The key areas of research in Faculty of Science are:
- Feeding the world
- Preventing, diagnosing and treating disease
- Furthering human knowledge and enhancing society
- Harnessing resources and energy for a sustainable future
- Restoring and maintaining balance in our natural environment
- Optimising physical and mental performance
Scholarship Value: The ward includes
- A stipend living allowance of $40,000 per annum
- Research travel/conference allowance of $5000 per annum
- A research operating and submission costs allowance of $5000 per annum
- Overseas student single health cover (for international students)
- Tuition fees
The scholarship package is awarded for three years, subject to satisfactory progress, with a possible extension of up to six months.
How to Apply
Candidates for a Dean’s Excellence in Science Scholarship are required to communicate with potential supervisors before submitting their application.
Domestic applicants must complete and submit the online application for Australian and University Postgraduate Awards online application for Australian and University Postgraduate Awards as advertised on the UWA website by advertised closing date (31 October 2018).
International applicants can use the online enquiry form that helps us match your research interests with potential supervisors.
International applicants must complete and submit the online application for the IPRS scholarships as advertised on the UWA website by the advertised closing date (being 31 August).
Domestic applications open 1 August and close 31 October.
International applications open 1 July and close 31 August.
To be considered for the Dean’s Excellence in Science PhD Scholarship applicants must satisfy following criteria:
International students must meet the eligibility requirements for International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS)
Domestic students must meet the eligibility requirements for Australian Postgraduate Awards (APA)
|Organization||University of Western Australia|
|Subject areas||Multiple disciplines of Science|
|Salary||$40,000 per annum|
|Deadline||31 October- Domestic Applicants
31 August –International Applicants
For more details: CLICK