The University of Queensland is offering scholarships for Indian students in School of the Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences at the Faculty of Science. The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and reward students from India studying postgraduate coursework programs.
Number of scholarships:
- up to four scholarships each year on the recommendation of the Associate Dean (Academic).
- One of every two scholarships shall be awarded to a student eligible to enroll in the Master of Biotechnology Research Extensive (24 unit or 32 unit) program.
- The value of the scholarship is 50% of the tuition fees payable for the minimum number of units required to complete the program by the student who is awarded the scholarship, for each semester for which it is held.
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Applicant must have achieved a GPA (or overseas equivalent) of 80% over 7 semesters of undergraduate studies or 75% over 8 semesters of undergraduate studies at a higher education institution in India.
- Applicant must be able to commence as an international student (in accordance with The University’s Fee Policy) in Australia on a student visa.
How to apply:
Download the application form and submit form by the relevant closing date:
- Semester 1 (March) enrolment, the closing date is 31 October each year
- Semester 2 (July) enrolment, the closing date is 31 March each year.
The Scholarship is awarded to the applicant showing greatest merit as demonstrated by:
- academic achievement in undergraduate studies; and
- strength of interest demonstrated in the relevant field of postgraduate coursework study; and
- personal qualities, including leadership potential; and
- any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant’s future professional success in the relevant field of postgraduate coursework study.
- the selection committee will rank the top six applicants, and the Associate Dean (Academic) will then select the successful candidate(s).
|Organization||The University of Queensland|
|Subject areas||Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences|
|Fellowship amount||50% tuition fees|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31 March & 31 October (yearly)|