The Faculty of Environmental Sciences, Department of Geosciences, Institute of Geography at Dresden University of Technology (TU Dresden) invites applications for the Chair (W2) of Urban Geography to be filled at the earliest possible date.
About the position:
- The selected candidate will develop and represent the subject area in research and teaching.
- The selected candidate’s research areas focus on social geography, urban areas and urban-rural relationships.
- Scientific issues comprise in particular diverging interests and conflicts of use in urban spaces, covering the urban and rural settings, their specifics and their interrelations.
- Social und technological effects, conflicts und stakeholder-oriented strategies (i.e. in the context of social and technological infrastructure, smart cities and selective growth and shrinking conditions) are of particular interest.
- Candidate is expected to perform teaching tasks in the geography teacher training programme and in the geography bachelor and master programmes, comprehensively covering urban geography, including didactics courses.
- Applications are open for a scientist with a proven international track record with interdisciplinary and global networks as well as experience in securing research grants from third parties.
- A particular emphasis is placed on an outstanding record of scientific publications and activities on a national and an international level.
Submit application via email as one single PDF-document to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- CV in tabular form
- A description of scientific career
- A list of lists of third-party funding initiated and received, teaching activities and teaching evaluation results of the last three years
- A description of future research and teaching concept
- A list of publications and a certified copy of the certificate of highest academic degree.
|Organization||Dresden University of Technology (TU Dresden)|
|Fellowship Level||Technical position|
|Subject areas||Geography, Environmental Sciences, Geosciences|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|