The University of North Carolina, as part of a continuing commitment to building a culturally diverse intellectual community and advancing scholars from underrepresented groups in higher education is offering Carolina Postdoctoral Program for Faculty Diversity (CPPFD) to postdoctoral research appointments for a period of two years. The purpose of CPPFD is to develop scholars from underrepresented groups for possible tenure track appointments at the University of North Carolina and other research universities. This program is funded by the State of North Carolina.
Number of fellowships: 4-5 new postdoctoral researchers per year.
Fellowship value: Stipend: $47,476 per calendar year (STEM disciplines-based on qualifications); $2,000 per year research fund for research expenses, including travel.
- Applicants must have completed their doctoral degree or terminal degree in their field within the past five years and no later than July 1st of the award year.
- Preference will be given to individuals who are lawfully eligible to work in the United States.
- Applications from individuals are strongly encouraged that have experience, background and/or scholarship that will contribute to the diversity of the campus community.
Apply online and application must include the following material:
- Cover letter addressed to Vice Chancellor for Research
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of research plans (1-3 pages)
- A contribution to diversity statement on why you should be selected for this program (1–3 pages)
- Writing samples (e.g., publications and/or dissertation chapters) – Visual Artists should include a portfolio of their artwork in lieu of writing samples.*
- Two references for letters of recommendation
|Organization||University of North Carolina|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||$47,476 per year|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||November 15, 2020|