The aim of the EXC 2020 excellence cluster “Temporal Communities: Doing Literature in a Global Perspective” is to fundamentally rethink the conception of literature from a global perspective and has open postdoc position at Free University of Berlin.
- Competing Communities,
- Traveling Matters,
- Future Perfect,
- Literary Currencies,
- Building Digital Communities
- Independent processing of a self-designed research project within the framework of Research Area 4 “Literary Currencies” with the aim of writing a monograph
- Scientific coordination of the contributions of Research Area 4 to the Living Handbook of Temporal Communities in close cooperation with the Managing Editor and the Editorial Board
- substantial contribution to the further development of the concepts and methods of the cluster and to its international networking
- participation in the organization and implementation of interdisciplinary, international conferences and workshops
- Mentoring function for the doctoral students in the Research Area
- Supervision of international fellows in the Research Area
- Responsibility for the financial planning of the Research Area in cooperation with the management
- Applicant must hold completed academic university degree as well as a doctorate in a literary subject or a related discipline with literary qualifications
- Familiarity with the research area of the Research Area, including the subjects of literary evaluation, literary circulation, canon formation and questions of the literary business
- Experience in the field of scientific organization and coordination.
- Experience with interdisciplinary collaborative projects: integrative personality; international networking and familiarity with different scientific systems (international experience)
- knowledge of the conception, organization and implementation of various scientific discussion formats (workshops, meetings, larger conferences, possibly independently developed formats).
- Applicant must hold a very good doctorate
- Very good knowledge of German and English (one of the two languages at least at level C1 GER, the other at least at level B2 GER)
Applications are to be sent electronically by email to Prof. Dr. Michael Gamper and Prof. Dr. Jutta Müller-Tamm: email@example.com with following documents:
- List of publications
- Maximum 5-page synopsis of the planned book project in German or English.
|Organization||Free University of Berlin|
|Subject areas||Literature and Culture Studies|
|Deadline||October 11, 2021|