Bilateral Exchange of Academics: DAAD Program
Aims of the Program:
- To improve international relations and bilateral research cooperations between German and foreign universities
- DAAD supports exchanges of scientists and academics from partner countries.
- The basis of these exchanges is cultural exchange programs and bilateral agreements with foreign partner organizations.
Foreign researchers, academics and scientists who have usually completed a doctoral degree and work at a university or research institute in their home country.
- Research stays at state or state-recognized institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three (03) years.
- Lecture tours or visits to congresses are not funded.
Duration of funding
- At least 14 days (from applicants from EU countries as well as from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russian Federation, Ukraine: at least 7 days) up to a maximum of three (03) months.
- The length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant’s work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Monthly payments of:
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors, lecturers and 2,150 euros for professors
- Unless otherwise regulated by bilateral agreements, the costs of the outward and return journey are borne by the respective sending country.
Requirements for the Program:
The most important selection criteria are:
- Academic achievements and, if applicable, publications, which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- A convincing and well-planned research project
- This Program supports exchanges between scientists and researchers from Germany and its partner countries.
- Funding is available when German researchers also apply for a research fellowship at the same time.
|Fellowship Level||Faculty, Scientist (Assistant Teachers, Assistant Professors, Lecturers, Professors)|
|Subject areas||All Disciplines: Social Sciences, Humanities, Law,
Natural Sciences, Mathematics
|Fellowship amount||Varies according to qualifications|
|Eligibility||Open for all nationalities|
|Deadline||Varies from country to country|