BIGSSS (Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences) offers admission regular PhD program in Thematic Field C & Postdoc program.
Requirements for regular PhD Program:
- Applicant must hold an excellent MA degree (or national equivalents like the German “Diplom” or “Magister”) in a discipline pertinent to BIGSSS’ Thematic Field C, (Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, or related social science disciplines like Law, Economics or Mass Communication).
- The degree must be completed by May 31 of the year of the program start.
- Applicant must be proficient in English language.
Requirements for Postdoc Program:
- Applicant must hold PhD in political science, sociology, psychology, or related social science disciplines within the last three years.
- The research project will be conducted in English-language so full professional proficiency in English is expected.
- Applicants need to have graduated prior to commencing their postdoctoral stay.
- Personal Information form (to be completed online)
For PhD program:
- CV, Preliminary Dissertation Proposal, Proposal Abstract (One-page), Statement of Purpose, Statement of Skills and Experience with Methods of Empirical Social Research, MA/BA/Diplom/Magister Certificates, University Grade Transcripts, Certification of English Proficiency (TOEFL, iELTS, CAE/CPE (Cambridge Exams) are accepted), 2 Recent Letters of Recommendation, GRE (Optional)
For Postdoc program:
- CV & Publication Record
- Career Statement & Research Plan
- Research/Publication Plan
- Two Samples of Publications (if available)
- MA/BA/Diplom/Magister Certificates
- University Grade Transcripts
- Certification of English Proficiency (optional)
- 2 Recent Letters of Recommendation (to be submitted by referees via the online admissions system)
|Organization||Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences|
|Subject areas||Social Sciences, Law, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Mass Communication|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||January and Setember (Yearly)|