The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (ASTAR) is Singapore’s escort public segment group that spearheads financial oriented research to advance scientific innovation and develop pioneering technology. Through innovation, the group collaborates with the associates in both the public and private sectors to help society.
A*STAR bridges the breach between academic world and industry. Research creates cost-effective growth and jobs for Singapore, and enhances lives by contributing to community benefits such as civilizing outcomes in healthcare, metropolitan living, and sustainability. Key role is being played by the group in development of talent and leaders. A*STAR supervises 18 biomedical sciences and physical sciences and engineering research organizations.
|Agency||Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
The fellowship provides PhD graduates with 2 years of fully funded postdoc guidance at zenith overseas labs to develop their research understanding and learn new skills to improve their scientific careers. This international experience will facilitate PhD graduates to connect with the world research society and fabricate international networks. After finishing the postdoctoral training, candidates can look further to embarking on an electrifying career at A*STAR’s Research Institutes.
- PhD degree. Applicants in the final stages of their PhD may also apply.
- Excellent publication records.
- Service obligation to any institution.
- Applications are to Singapore citizens or international students keen to take up Singapore Citizenship. For Non-Singaporeans it is mandatory to take up Singapore citizenship before start of the fellowship.
- Applicant should have or in the process of getting admission into a relevant postdoctoral place at a top overseas institution/laboratory.
Successful applicant will receive:
- Monthly overseas living allowances
- Settling-in, book and diverse allowances
- Once a year personal insurance and conference allowances
- Return airfare (once in a year)
Shortlisted applicants will be informed by A star GA to advance A*STAR Research Institutes to converse with the potential supervisor and Executive Director to approve the application.
The completed submission form will be returned to Graduate Academy straightforwardly via the Research Institute.