The Amazon Research Awards (ARA) program has merged with the previously separate AWS Machine Learning Research Awards (MLRA) program. This is the first year for the combined program, but the sixth overall for ARA. The program continues to offer grant recipients unrestricted funds and AWS Promotional Credits.
- AI for Information Security
- Alexa Fairness in AI
- AWS AI
- AWS Automated Reasoning
To be eligible for an ARA Program award (“Award”), the Principal Investigator must be:
- Either a full-time faculty member at an accredited academic institution or a permanent researcher at a non-governmental organization with recognized legal status in their respective country (equivalent to 501(c)
- status under the United States Internal Revenue Code)
- at or above the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of application. Each Principal Investigator is permitted to submit only one proposal to the ARA Program per call for proposal period.
By submitting your proposal to the ARA Program, you represent that candidate Principal Investigator:
- is not a paid employee of a government entity (other than an accredited academic institution);
- is not under US export controls or sanctions;
- has not been a director, officer, employee, intern or contractor of Amazon or its affiliates within the 12 months preceding application to the ARA Program (“Ineligible Personnel”);
- is not a member of the immediate family or household of Ineligible Personnel;
- has not participated in or had decision-making authority over any cloud infrastructure procurements involving AWS or its affiliates; and
***The ARA Program is void in Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Sudan, the region of Crimea, and where otherwise prohibited by law.
How to apply:
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
Applied Machine Learning, Automated Reasoning, Computer Vision, Fairness in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning Algorithms And Theory, Natural Language Processing, Robotics, Security
|Eligibility||Open to selected countries|
|Deadline||October 11, 2020|