The Wageningen University & Research is inviting applications for 7 PhD candidates with an interest in food environments and shifting diets in healthy and sustainable directions.
About the positions:
- The positions are within the NWO funded project “Tipping the balance towards dietary change” 3 PhD candidates will be appointed that focus on design research for creating healthy and sustainable food environments (PhD1), behavioral aftereffects of environmental changes at individual level (PhD2) and emotional backlash towards and societal acceptance of plant based diets and healthy food environments (PhD3).
- Within the Regiodeal Foodvalley, 3 PhD candidates will be appointed that are interested in generating practice-based evidence for creating healthy and sustainable food environments in neighbourhoods (PhD4), workplaces (PhD5) and in health care institutions (PhD6).
- From the WUR Protein Transition program, PhD7 will supplement these projects by generating basic insights using data science and experimental studies exploring the gap between individual behavioral intentions and consumption patterns at an aggregated level.
- Applicant must have completed a master’s degree
- Applicant must be willing to learn and think across disciplines and professions;
- Applicant must be able to communicate with fellow researchers, other stakeholders, and societal partners;
- Applicant must be collaborative and a real team player;
- Applicant must have excellent Dutch as well as English academic writing and presentation skills
Apply online and upload the following:
- A motivation letter;
- CV with names of 2 references;
- Submit a short plan of 250 words (abstract) of a study he/she would like to conduct in the study which could include research question or hypotheses and research methods (participants, design, measures, analyses).
|Organization||Wageningen University & Research|
|Subject areas||Sociology, Psychology, Public Health, Epidemiology, Geography|
|Deadline||18th June 2020|