The Dioscuri Centre for Physics and Chemistry of Bacteria invites applications for 5 postdoctoral researcher positions (m/f/d).
About the positions:
- Excellent candidates are required with diverse background and skills to undertake research in the area of physics and chemistry of infections.
Possible projects may include:
- Development of a co-culture system for bacteria and epithelial cells
- New methods for accurate, real-time, in situ measurement of bacterial growth
- The structure and growth dynamics of intra-cellular colonies (in vivo biofilms)
- Population dynamics of bacteria in complex fluids (such as mucus) and topologies (such as lung bronchioles)
- Population dynamics of intracellular bacteria during antibiotic treatment
- Bacterial growth on micro-patterned and dynamic surfaces
Starting date: 1 October 2020 or later
- Applicants must hold PhD in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, or Engineering
- Very good academic achievements as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and talks/poster presentations at international conferences.
- Ability to draft (in English) scientific papers for academic journals.
- Ability to communicate (in English) complex information clearly, orally and in writing.
- Enthusiasm for learning about biological systems using quantitative methods.
- Ability to think creatively, propose and develop new ideas.
- Capability of working without close supervision, exercising a high degree of initiative and demonstrating a pro-active approach to work.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Research experience in biological physics, microbiology, systems biology, bioengineering, soft matter, physical chemistry, or another related topic.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: optical imaging (microscopy: imaging biological samples, image processing, building custom-made microscopes); DNA/RNA isolation, library preparation and sequencing; genetic engineering of bacteria; bioreactors (chemostats, turbidostats); microfluidics; bacterial and/or cell tissue cultures; in vitro models of bacterial infections.
- Experience in cross-disciplinary and / or collaborative research projects.
- Experience in combining theoretical / computational and experimental work.
Duration: Each position is initially for 2 years and may be extended up to 5 years.
- A complete application should include the following items:
- motivation letter
- professional curriculum vitae
- list of publications
- personal data processing consent
- All documents (including the reference letters) should be emailed to email@example.com quoting “Rekrutacja nr 44/2020” in the subject line.
|Organization||Dioscuri Centre for Physics and Chemistry of Bacteria|
|Subject areas||Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Or Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|