The Technical University of Denmark, DTU Health Technology is inviting for four postdoctoral researchers to work on SERS-based Detection, Microfluidics, Raman Instrumentation and Software Development for Therapeutic Drug Monitoring. The project is part of the BioInnovation Institute (BII) Faculty program, which is a collaboration between BII and DTU and is aimed to create a unique interdisciplinary environment focused on commercialization that can foster novel ideas and lead to new spin-outs.
About the project:
- The project is placed at BII, which will be the primary workplace of the postdoctoral researcher, however he or she will have a strong integration with the IDUN research group, led by Prof. Anja Boisen at DTU Department of Health Technology.
- The postdoctoral researchers will work in an interdisciplinary team that employs SERS for detection and quantification of drugs in body fluids (e.g. human blood plasma) where sample pre-treatment is key.
- Candidate will focus on (i) development of SERS-based assay and sample pretreatment approaches; (ii) adaptation and integration of the assay protocol in microfluidic and (iii) instrument and software development.
- Postdoc in Quantitative Electrochemically assisted SERS-based Detection (starting date 1 June 2021 or according to mutual agreement)
- Postdoc in Quantitative SERS-based Detection of Drugs from Biological Fluids (starting date 1 October 2021 or according to mutual agreement)
- Postdoc in Integration of SERS-based Assays in Microfluidics (starting date 1 November 2021 or according to mutual agreement)
- Postdoc in Development of Tabletop Raman Detection System and Data Analysis Software (starting date 1 November 2021 or according to mutual agreement)
- Applicant must hold PhD degree or equivalent in the field of electronic, optical, mechanical engineering, analytical chemistry, engineering, electrochemistry.
- Experience (at least 4 years) in development of electrochemical assays and sensors.
- Highly preferred: experience in clean-room fabrication processes (e.g. electrode fabrication).
- Experience with quantitative SERS-based detection and microfluidics is a plus.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams, self-motivation, responsible conduct of experimental work and good organizational skills are a must.
- Previous experience in research and development after PhD is an additional plus.
- Highly preferred: previous experience in the development of Raman systems and experience programing in Delphi and/or C++.
Apply online and the file must include:
- Application (cover letter) –indicate which position candidate is applying for.
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications
|Organization||Technical University of Denmark (DTU)|
Electronic Engineering, Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Analytical Chemistry, Engineering, Electrochemistry
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||28 May 2021|