The aim of the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Graphene Technology at University of Cambridge is to build a world-class cohort of young scientists who can become the next generation of high-tech entrepreneurs and technology leaders in the field of graphene technology.
The CDT offers an average of 10 fully funded scholarships per annum. A minimum of 6 of them are reserved for UK Nationals or EU Nationals who have studied for three years in the UK. The remaining scholarships can cover EU Nationals. Overseas / Non-EU applicants are not eligible to apply for funding from the Graphene Technology CDT, but can still join the programme if recipient of external scholarships covering the full costs.
About the Graphene Technology:
- the fundamentals of graphene and related materials with special emphasis on materials technology, energy, electronics, communications and sensing;
- concepts, research skills and strategies regarding device fabrication, system design and characterisation, enabling graduates to critically evaluate and solve technical problems in these areas;
- practical development of good research practice, individually and as part of a team, and effective reporting on research outcomes through research skills sessions and mini-project placements led by the university research groups and partner industries; and
- aspects of business, innovation, technology development and entrepreneurship in the areas of technology management, transfer and exploitation
- Applications are open to students with background in chemistry, physics, materials science, chemical engineering, nanotechnology and engineering.
- The PhD degree will be granted from the Department where the research project is carried out.
- Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK II.i Honours Degree.
- Applicants will have well-developed technical skills, and a background in the physical sciences or other quantitative fields. They will preferably, but not necessarily, have some professional work experience.
- Students should email a CV and 2 reference letters to email@example.com and to the Centre Director (Prof. A. C. Ferrari, email:firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Organization||University of Cambridge|
Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Nanotechnology, Engineering
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|