The Faculty of Humanities at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) invites applications for up to five PhD positions.
About the position:
- The successful applicants must complete their PhD studies within the period of employment.
- The Faculty of Humanities hosts four PhD-programmes aimed towards the scientific PhD-degree: Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture, Humanities and the Arts, Language and Linguistics, and Historical and Cultural Studies.
- The Faculty also participates in the crossfacultary PhD-programme in Artistic Research which leads to the PhD-degree in Artistic Research.
- Applicants to this programme must describe their association to one of the Faculty’s artistic research groups. Applicants should not fill out an application to the programme.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree with a weighted average grade of B or higher in terms of NTNU’s grading scale for the last two years of their master’s.
- For the PhD in artistic research equivalent competence in the creative or performing arts may also be considered.
- Strong academic and/or artistic background
- The application must contain information about the applicant’s background and motivation to complete a PhD-project, including language abilities.
- The application and project description must be in a Scandinavian language or English.
- The following attachments must be included:
- Description of the doctoral project to be carried out during the employment period of up to 10 pages
- Certificates, including grade transcripts (originals may be requested in the case of an interview)
- Confirmation from main supervisor
- Applicants within artistic research may also enclose up to five relevant examples of their artistic work.
|Organization||Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)|
Studies of Culture, Humanities and the Arts, Language and Linguistics, and Historical and Cultural Studies
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15th September 2020|