The Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC) is recruiting two positions of Researchers(Ⅱ) (AKS21-011) in the Marine Plastics Research Group, Marine Biodiversity and Environmental Assessment Research Center (BioEnv) (Director: Katsunori Fujikura), Research Institute for Global Change (RIGC).
- Applicant must have completed a PhD in a closely related field of research or technology development.
- Advanced knowledge regarding microplastics and relevant laboratory work is desirable; however, a marine plastics research background is not required.
- Applicants with proficiencies applicable to plastic research (i.e., chemical analysis, GIS, molecular biology, and data analysis) who are willing to conduct onboard research and have strong communication skills to facilitate collaboration with outside research institutions, policy-making bodies, and other sectors are welcome to apply.
Duration: Period of employment is from November 1, 2021 to March 31, 2026
Submit application and all required documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Valid email and home address must be provided and include contact information for two references.
- Summary of your research (1 page)
- Research plan at JAMSTEC (1 page)
- Publication (achievement) list including thesis titles
- List of competitive research funds awarded to the applicant
- Two (or fewer) representative publications in PDF formats.
- Two letters of recommendation from two senior research scientists (1 letter from each).
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology (JAMSTEC)
|Fellowship Level||Research associate|
Chemical Analysis, GIS, Molecular Biology, Data Analysis
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||September 7, 2021|