The Department of Chemistry at Lund University is offering two doctoral positions in Polymer Technology with Focus on Bio-based Polymers.
About the project:
- The projects focus on the synthesis of new bio-based monomers and polymers using building blocks from renewable resources, as well as the characterization of the structure and properties of these materials.
- The main objective is to develop new synthesis strategies and new knowledge on how these bio-based polymers (mainly polyesters) should be molecularly tailored to meet the requirements of various industrial applications where plastics from fossil raw materials are currently used.
- The experimental work includes chemical synthesis and molecular characterization of monomers and polymers, preparation of new polymeric materials, and analysis of, for example, mechanical and thermal properties, as well as morphology and processability.
- Applicant must hold a second-cycle qualification, or has satisfied the requirements for courses comprising at least 240 credits of which at least 60 credits were awarded in the second cycle, or has acquired substantially equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.
- Very good knowledge of English, in speech and writing.
- Apply online (in English) including the following:
- Cover letter stating the reasons why the candidate is interested in the position and in what way the research project corresponds to interests and educational background.
- Degree certificate or equivalent, and other documents to be considered (grade transcripts, contact information for your references, letters of recommendation, etc.).
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||23 June 2020|